Cameroon Program Manager
Management and Engineering Technologies International Inc. (METI), in support of the U.S. Forest Service (USFS) Office of International Programs, may seek the services of a Cameroon Program Manager to support programmatic implementation, interagency coordination, and community engagement. The Program Manager will support these efforts for United States Government (USG) funded programs taking place primarily in Cameroon but occasionally within the broader sub-region to include Gabon, Central African Republic, Republic of Congo, and the Democratic Republic of Congo.
The USFS Central Africa Program works with host country governments, universities, and local and international non-governmental organizations to address and promote sustainable forest and land management, biodiversity conservation and responses to climate change across the Congo Basin. By sharing and exchanging knowledge, expertise, and experience, the USFS aims to build capacity in program countries to promote the sustainable use and management of natural resources and improve lives.
As an implementing partner of the U.S. Agency of International Development’s (USAID) Central African Regional Program for the Environment (CARPE) as well as other US funded programs, the USFS Central Africa Program provides targeted technical and institutional capacity building assistance to improve forest management in the Congo Basin. To support the implementation of this work, the USFS may seek a full-time Cameroon Program Manager to assist with activity implementation efforts and stakeholder engagement in the sub-region. The Program Manager will be responsible for assisting with the implementation of a variety of USFS/IP priorities while providing project planning support to the Cameroon/Regional Country Coordinator. This position will be based in Yaoundé, Cameroon.
The specified responsibilities will be carried out in collaboration with other USFS International Programs management staff.
Responsibilities of the Cameroon Program Manager would include, but are not limited to:
- Support the USFS/IP Cameroon Country Coordinator in planning and implementation efforts for all USG funded activities in Cameroon and throughout the sub-region;
- Engage in financial and technical reporting for USG funded activities in Cameroon and throughout the sub-region;
- Support partner and stakeholder engagement by developing strategic documents and maintaining lines of communication for all donors and stakeholders along with the Country Coordinator;
- Produce and disseminate administrative and communication materials facilitating and highlighting USFS/IP activities in Cameroon and throughout the sub-region;
- Support international partnerships, including but not limited to the United Nations Environmental Program 5-year regional project, by serving as a regional point of contact and program facilitator;
- Provide logistical and administrative support to carry out financial management, training and capacity building efforts;
The consultant should have the following skills:
- BA/BS or equivalent in earth science, sustainable/urban development, economics, business administration, or related fields;
- Minimum of 3 years’ project management experience with particular emphasis on stakeholder engagement and projects related to environmental/sustainable management;
- Some background in training and education related to environmental projects and some background in finance and reporting preferred;
- Experience with participatory engagement, working alongside and seeking input from indigenous communities;
- Demonstrated experience working with government agencies, non-governmental organizations, and other stakeholders at the national and municipal levels especially within the Central Africa region;
- Strong attention to detail and demonstrated capacity to plan, organize, and prioritize multiple tasks to ensure their efficient and timely accomplishment;
- Demonstrated experience in supporting partnerships, engaging in consultative work planning, and coordinating activities and meetings;
- Prior experience working in an international setting; prior experience consulting in Africa preferred;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in French and English; and,
- Nationals of the Central Africa region and women are especially encouraged to apply.
Location: The position would be based in Yaoundé, Cameroon, with travel regionally or internationally as needed.
Interested candidates should apply at the link below or send a resume and letter of interest to METI with the subject Cameroon Program Manager by June 16, 2022 to: email@example.com
METI is an Equal Opportunity Employer: www.meticorp.com
METI is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a workforce representative of the diverse communities we serve. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
About the Organization
Management and Engineering Technologies International, Inc. (METI) works in support of the U.S. Forest Service (USFS) Office of International Programs by hiring staff to work on international natural resource projects. The USFS Office of International Programs promotes sustainable natural resource management and biodiversity conservation internationally. By linking the skills of the field-based staff of the USFS with partners overseas, the agency can address the world’s most critical forestry issues and concerns. The USFS regularly engages the agency’s wide range of expertise in over 90 countries, for programs on sustainable forest management, climate change, combatting illegal logging, fire management, and other topics.